Herculaneum and Sorrento Full-Day Tour - GROUP TOUR
From 1st May 2019 to 31st Oct 2019: Tuesdays
Excluded national bank holidays ( 25 April; 1 May , 02 June, 15 August)
Enjoy a full-day tour escorted by a professional guide
Discover Herculaneum ruins
Visit the elegant Sorrento
Take a panoramic tour by bus along the famous Amalfi Drive
Combine the Amalfi Drive tour with the shopping in Sorrento and the visit to one of the well-preserved archaeological sites in Campania on this full-day tour.
Enjoy a full-day trip from the Amalfi Coast to visit the towns of Herculaneum and Sorrento, as well as catching additional sites along the way! Meet your local guide for the day and board on the coach to depart to Herculaneum, a residential town buried in ashes by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. Enjoy a guided visit to the archaeological excavations, where you will learn about this town that was rediscovered in 1709. When the catastrophe of 79 AD occurred, Herculaneum was buried by a torrent of mud that hardened into a course form of rock that preserved many of the wooden parts of houses and household objects which can be seen today. After wandering through Herculaneum, depart for Sorrento, and arrive with time to head out and enjoy an optional lunch. Next, you will visit the city centre. Churches and ancient monasteries exists in Sorrento, as well as centuries-old palaces and Durazzo portals, evidence the splendour of the noble families of Sorrento. Via S. Cesareo, the lively "decumanus," is the beating heart of the town, with its many-colored shops. Stop off at an inlaid woodwork shop, a typical Sorrentine production. Then return to the Amalfi Coast, driving along the famous Amalfi Drive Road, through the picturesque villages of Conca dei Marini, Furore, and Praiano. Enjoy a photo stop at the famous Belvedere in Positano, then return to your hotel in the afternoon.
What Is & Isn't Included
• Full-day transportation
• English-speaking guide
• Headphones inside the ruins with live commentary
• Entrance fees
• Meals and personal shopping
Know before you go
• Under 18s are entitled to free admission to sites and museums upon production of a valid ID
• Adults aged 18 to 25 can obtain a 50% discount on entrance fees upon production of a valid ID
• It is advised that you bring: sun cream, a bottle of water, an umbrella, a jumper and a camera
• Max admittance size for bags is 30x30x15cm. Bigger bags must be stored on the bus during the visit
IMPORTANT ADVICE / VOUCHER INSTRUCTIONS:
Please be at the departure point at least 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
Please find below a list of things we would suggest taking with you:
- Flat comfortable shoes for walking;
- Sun cream, bottle of water, umbrella and/or jumper;
- Cash for extras, optional meals and entrance fees (not included);
- Passports in order to get free admittance to State Museums / Excavations
Tour programs can be modified owing to cause beyond our control. The liability of the organizing agency cannot in any event be greater than what is provided by the act of law no. 1084 dated 27/12/1977 on which the excursions are based. The organizing agency declines liability for any additional expenses owing to delays, strikes, insurrection hostilities or illegality, God's acts and any acts of Authority. The organizing agent declines liability for any additional expenses owing to delays, strikes, insurrection hostilities or illegality, God's acts and any act of Authority. For any act of jurisdiction, the tribunal of Salerno shall be invoked and Italian law applied.
Price per person.
Pick up Time
Pick up Place
Bus shelter to Ravello
Main bus stop, chemist
Bar del Sole
Restaurant Da Salvatore
- Infant are free of charge with no seat assignment.
- Hotel collection is available on request, please refer to pick up point fac sheet.
- Pick up from Positano, Praiano, Ravello, Scala is operated by shuttle bus in combination to main coach departing from Amalfi.