Pompeii and Herculaneum Full-Day Tour - GROUP TOUR
FROM 21st APR TO 31st OCT AVAILABLE ALL SUNDAYS
excluded national bank holidays ( 25 April; 1 May , 02 June, 15 August)
Visit the 2 most important archaeological sites in Campania on this combined tour
Learn about the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D. that buried these cities
This combined tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum is a perfect excursion for archaeology lovers. Enjoy a full day exploring these Roman cities that were buried in 79 A.D. by ash from the eruption of Vesuvius. Take time for extensive exploration of the sites.
Meet your local guide for the day and board on the coach to depart to Pompeii, passing the beautiful towns along the Amalfi Drive. When you arrive at Pompeii, you'll have around 2 hours guided tour of the archaeological excavations of this commercial centre that was buried by the Vesuvius eruption. Discover the conditions and the contexts of ancient life that was suddenly interrupted during the night between 24 and 25 August 79 A.D. when 5 meters of lapilli and ash buried this city on the Campanian coast. You'll have free time for lunch before continuing to Ercolano. When you reach Herculaneum, the other city buried by Vesuvius, you'll have around 2 hours visit to the excavations. Unlike Pompeii, which was a thriving commercial centre, Herculaneum was a quaint residential coastal town. On the return journey you'll stop at well-known cameo atelier. Please note that this tour is not suitable for those with limited mobility as it involves a long day of walking around excavations sites.
What Is & Isn't Included
What's included: • Full-day tour bus service from Amalfi • English-speaking guide • Headphones inside the ruins with live commentary
Not included: • Entrance fees • Meals and personal shopping • Tips • Shuttle service Positano/Praiano/Ravello
Entrance fee Pompeii Euro 15 per person / Entrance fee Ercolano Euro 13 per person - extra charges payable locally
Know before you go
• Under 18s are entitled to free admission to sites and museums upon production of a valid ID
• Adults aged 18 to 25 can obtain a 50% discount on entrance fees upon production of a valid ID
• It is advised that you bring: sun cream, a bottle of water, an umbrella, a jumper and a camera
• Max admittance size for bags is 30x30x15cm. Bigger bags must be stored on the bus during the visit
IMPORTANT ADVICE / VOUCHER INSTRUCTIONS:
Please be at the departure point at least 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
Please find below a list of things we would suggest taking with you:
- Flat comfortable shoes for walking;
- Sun cream, bottle of water, umbrella and/or jumper;
- Cash for extras, optional meals and entrance fees (not included);
- Passports in order to get free admittance to State Museums / Excavations
Tour programs can be modified owing to cause beyond our control. The liability of the organizing agency cannot in any event be greater than what is provided by the act of law no. 1084 dated 27/12/1977 on which the excursions are based. The organizing agency declines liability for any additional expenses owing to delays, strikes, insurrection hostilities or illegality, God's acts and any acts of Authority. The organizing agent declines liability for any additional expenses owing to delays, strikes, insurrection hostilities or illegality, God's acts and any act of Authority. For any act of jurisdiction, the tribunal of Salerno shall be invoked and Italian law applied.
any act of jurisdiction, the tribunal of Salerno shall be invoked and Italian law applied.
Price per person.
Pick up Time
Pick up Place
Bus shelter to Ravello
Main bus stop, chemist
Bar del Sole
Geljada Ice cream Shop
- Infant are free of charge with no seat assignment.
- Hotel collection is available on request, please refer to pick up point fac sheet.
- Pick up from Positano, Praiano, Ravello, Scala is operated by shuttle bus in combination to main coach departing from Amalfi.